In this design portfolio review, I meet with design student Nicolas to help him refine his design portfolio website and PDF. We also discuss if you really need a "personal" brand identity at a young stage in your design career, and seeking out your design heroes to learn faster.
- Portfolio website formatting.
- The importance of finding great design heroes.
- Do you need a personal brand identity as a designer?
- How to network as a graphic designer.
To Think On
- What type of work do you enjoy doing and want to do more of?
- Consider utilizing a PDF for the initial stages of a job application as it offers flexibility in design and presentation.
- Seek out design internship opportunities to put yourself in valuable learning environments.